To be a life-giving church that loves God, loves people and impacts lives for Jesus.
To exalt God by sharing the Gospel, leading people to Jesus and connecting them to the local church; to equip believers and help them grow in faith and spiritual maturity; to reach out and serve in the church and the world.
Exalt – because God deserves all the glory
To have a lifestyle of worship with Jesus as the focus of our lives; to worship together in the dynamic presence of the Holy Spirit, who leads us into a first-hand encounter with Jesus (John 4:23-24).
Connect – because we are the body of Christ
To connect to God and one another in a spirit of grace, love and care; to welcome people from all nations, races and backgrounds into our church (Revelation 7:9-10; Ephesians 2:22).
Grow – because God has great plans for us all
To grow in personal faith and Christ-like maturity by applying God’s Word to our lives; to commit ourselves to equipping believers, multiplying leaders and starting new celebrations, sites and churches (Acts 1:8; 2 Tim. 2:2).
Reach – because the world needs God’s love and grace
To lead people to Jesus by sharing the Gospel with the world around us in a relevant way (Matthew 28:18-20).
Serve – because Jesus came to serve
To show God’s love in practical ways by serving all people both in the church and the world with the gifts that God has given us (Mark 10:45).
Thousand Hills has a vision to be a multi-site church. This vision is inspired by our core value: Grow. This core value means that we have a desire to multiply, to invest ourselves in others and to be a part of something greater than ourselves, sharing our gifts and talents, and inspiring others to grow and develop. Growth, or multiplication, also means that we want to plant new churches to participate in God’s mission of reaching out to a world in need of grace and a relationship with Christ.
Thousand Hills in Hilversum and any future sites will be one church with one vision, one strategy, and one name. Some of the ministry-related activities and office support will be centralised for the whole church, to make organisation – and multiplication – easier. However, the ministries that directly serve the people in the local sites will be led by local leaders. Each site will have its own Site Pastor, staff and volunteers. The Site Pastors will work closely together with the Lead Pastor to inspire each other, share encouragement, vision and ideas, and give direction to the church.
Some reasons why we’re embracing the multi-site approach:
1) The model allows us to be ‘missional’ as a local church. Being ‘missional’ means that we look beyond our walls, engaging ourselves in God’s greater mission of reaching out to the world.
2) Church planting is in our DNA! It’s the reason Thousand Hills Hilversum was first created, and we want to embrace our responsibility of planting other communities of faith.
3) A multi-site vision allows us to reach a broader geographical area
4) The multi-site vision doesn’t limit us to large expensive buildings. When a church becomes too large, it’s a perfect reason to start a new site!
5) We increase our visibility using a common name, enabling us to communicate more clearly with the outside world.
6) As a multi-site church, we can serve as a training centre for future local pastors, church planters and staff members, as well as volunteers who are eager to serve in a local church.
7) The multi-site vision helps us to increase the number of international churches in our country more rapidly, allowing us to better serve the needs of the growing international community that has found its home in the Netherlands.